Monday, June 8, 2015

Woolfest (12/52)

A few weekends ago I had the pleasure of attending the Auckland Woolfest with a couple of lovely blogging friends (thanks for the ride Leonie!). The weather was particularly nasty but we landed a perfect park right out the front and of course the cold makes for perfect wool/fibre buying weather.


I set off with a buying list in my mind, and a cash budget, fibre for spinning was at the top of the list. I am happy to report that I picked up everything I was looking for as well as a few things I didn't even know I needed!


This fibre "Gone bush" from Fibre 2 Go was spun up pretty quickly, I've got a small shawl like scarf in mind for the finished yarn, which I hope will crochet up as quickly as the fibre was spun.

Woolfest was a bit like being a kid in a candy store! So much colourful squishy goodness it was hard not to give it all a hug! I'll share more of my purchases over the coming months as I spin them up! Spinning seems the perfect way to spend these cooler evenings.


While taking the yarn photos I've discovered the little mossy world that is my BBQ table. It might need a sand and a coat of oil before the Summer!

3 comments :

  1. It's so shiny and pretty - beautifully spun yarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wool is sooo beautiful Louana - looks like I could just reach into the screen & feel the texture of it. Look forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so beautiful spun up Louana!!
    And it was a great day x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.