Friday, May 17, 2013

experimental

 I've wanted to make some fabric yarn  (spun on a spinning wheel) for a long time, but with lots of other projects on the go I haven't really had a chance to sit down and experiment. I did get a wee chance over the weekend, nothing like a rainy Autumn weekend to be nicely tucked up inside and creating.
I started out using a very soft vintage sheet that was a bit too soft to sew with. I'm not going to sugar coat it, it wasn't as easy as I had imagined. I stopped, did some online research and tried again. Still slow going! I'm not a patient crafter, ahem and that's putting it mildly if you ask my husband. SO there were some grumbles and then I decided I'd try another day, but it's been bugging me ever since as to why I couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to.

 I've heard the weather isn't going to be so great this weekend, so I might give it another try then. I've got a new idea about how I might go about it. Are you a patient crafter?

10 comments :

  1. Hi Louana - I did not know you could do such a thing - spin fabric into yarn on a wheel - its amazing whats out there. I love your colours, soft & muted & pastelly.
    Not sure if I am a patient crafter or not ... sometimes I am & other times I think I am the complete opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that idea!!! it looks so pretty on the wooden spools...too pretty to use! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, no, not at all. Hence i've given up knitting and darent even think about quilting. All those frustrating new things to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never even knew you could make fabric yarn! So clever. Looks like a soothing project that allows your thoughts to wander at the same time.
    I start off as a patient crafter, but about halfway through a project that fades and I just want it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! As you know, I'm not crocheter. But, I think it would look lovely wrapped around a brown paper parcel, too : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the world's most patient crafter. I can undo and redo and undo and redo until I get it exactly how I like it. The funny thing is I often take on projects with ridiculous amounts of detail and HAVE to finish them. Life is hard when you are a perfectionist :) haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a patient crafter I'm rip, sh** and bust! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at Miriam !
    I am in-between
    I like to set myself a challenge
    LOVE the fact you can spin fabric and am looking forward to a workshop Wednesday or workshop weekend with you soooooon

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty Louana - I dont know about patient... I'm a perfectionist so will redo until it's right but I'm not sure that I always enjoy the process! I love getting the results that I want though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool!! I wouldn't mind giving that a go!!! As for patience, it's definately there majority of the time....but there are times I just have to walk away for everyones sake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.