Tuesday, July 3, 2012

blue I'm blue




I've got that 60's song stuck in my head today "blue I'm blue, heartache on heartache ...." I'm not that blue really but the sky certainly is here today. It's a super dark inky blue and it's the prettiest thing.

It's been a long absence from this space, we've had around two weeks of internet problems, a new modem, a changed phone line and lots and LOTS of calls to our service provider later (fingers crossed and touching all the wood I can) I think we've got it sorted.

I've been on a bit of a go slow lately, I didn't apply for the Auckland art and craft fair this time around, I just didn't have the heart (well desire really) to do all that crafting. But now I'm kind of wishing that I had, it's probably just what I needed - a deadline. I don't work well just meandering along, I've always worked better under pressure and having a deadline. I'm thinking I might have to start creating some deadlines of my own to get motivated!

Over the weekend I did have a chance to do some dyeing of some super soft merino. It was my first attempt and I'm pretty pleased with the results - although there is plenty of room for improvement! The photos aren't so great due to the "inky" sky hanging around today, but once I've spun it all up I'll take some more.

Hopefully I'll be back here tomorrow, sharing some other things we've been up to in my absence!

2 comments :

  1. Sexy new header Miss! As for stinky phone people... so been there & now I'm too scared to EVER change again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our roof REALLY needs painting!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.