Tuesday, May 8, 2012

keeping warm




I start thinking of making crocheted slippers as soon as the weather cools. They are a fast crochet project with almost instant results and the definite bonus of having warm feet is a big plus! I've made a couple of pairs so far and I've got a few more planned for some friends in need of warm toes. I used this pattern I bought from etsy. I've got quite a few other crochet slipper patterns that I've bought from this local etsy seller too, these ones are my favourite and I think I'll make some of them next.

The top ones I crocheted for me using some Alpaca yarn that my neighbour hand spun for me (thanks again Kerstin), they are lovely and soft. The light grey ones I made for my neighbour from some of her hand spun Angora rabbit yarn and they are even softer!!!! I also crocheted a double thickness sole so hopefully they will last a little longer.

6 comments :

  1. These are gorgeous - those angora ones look incredibly soft and fluffy. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these look lovely. we need to go slipper shopping soon...it's starting to get COLD :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for those slippers Louana, they live on my couch ready to put on when it gets cold. I love them! :-) The Alpaca ones look beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those slippers are just gorgeous !! ! I can imagine how comfy they must feel on your feet. Definately warm cosy toes in those. Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hand spun alpaca wool. lush!

    love my crochet slippers. and love that they can double as bed socks too.

    rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love those slippers they look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.