Wednesday, May 16, 2012

bagged


It was a cold and rainy day here yesterday, it made me want to snuggle up in bed and do nothing. Resisting that urge due mainly to the fact I have some children to look after and a house full of jobs that needed my attention, I quickly whipped up this yarn bag. I was inspired by this pin. Many, many years ago I bought the eyelets at Mitre 10 or maybe Bunnings for just a couple of dollars thinking they'd come in handy some day, they finally did! I've seen them for sale at my local fabric store too (but much more expensive). It's basically a lined zip purse with an eyelet in for the yarn to come out. I think that I'll make a few more for my crochet and knitting friends, it's a great way to keep your yarn clean and to stop the ball running away!

Once it was finished and some boring household jobs were out of the way I sat down and crocheted some more dishcloths, from this pattern ( which I posted a year ago to the date!). I didn't get a chance to browse the magazine though, maybe on the next rainy day.

4 comments :

  1. this is a great idea! I need one of these :) and a fantastic use for a favourite print too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome idea! would also keep my yarn safe from one mischief making kitten! Are the eyelets easy to use??
    And I love that mag... wish it was in Aussie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to make some to sell? I'd buy one! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.