Thursday, March 8, 2012

for friends


I know there is a big debate with mums about goodie / take home bags for parties. They either love or hate them. Being a crafty mum I do quite like to do a little handmade something as a way of saying thanks, I don't like to spend much though and certainly try to avoid a whole lot of plastic. I've done a lot of different little things over the years, play dough with little cutters, little handmade notebooks with pencils and other little things. This time I did something a little bigger cause there weren't too many coming and  this time I wanted miss E to help me too. Inspired by this pin, we used a Pebeo porcelain pen (from Spotlight) to draw the designs on some thrifted mugs. It was fun and I enjoyed watching all the little designs that she came up with, most were bumble bees (we seem to have loads in the garden this year). Once the drawings were completed we "set" the images by baking them in the oven.

 I had grand plans of making some hot chocolate mix to go in the cups  (see this pin, this one too) but I realised I'm not "super mum" and just bought some instead! I also popped in some mini marshmallows and some sipper straws. They were a big hit and I'm thinking that they would make a great gift for grandparents too. Perfect  activity for a rainy afternoon.

3 comments :

  1. What a fab idea! Gorgeous designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love the designs she drew... so sweet. Next year I think I will have to start planning a little earlier than a few days before the event so I have time to make something cool like this. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so clever louana, i LOVE these so much! and good on you buying the chocolate mix, i would have done the same... and the kids wouldn't know the difference anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.