Monday, March 21, 2011

blah

I'm suffering from a case of the blahs. I can't quite put a finger on it but I just feel like much like myself lately. I don't know whether it's the earthquakes and tsunami or a school friend's husband passing away much too early of cancer, or miss E starting school but something is different. I really miss our preschool walk, it was lovely past fruit trees, chickens and mangroves all right in the centre of town. Our school walk has nothing much to write about, crossing a very busy main road, and unfortunately no chickens to peek at. But things are looking up, we discovered a feijoa tree that is already dropping fruit today when we went a different way home. Miss E busily filled up her school hat and devoured them as soon as we were home.

I haven't felt the desire to stay up late crafting like I usually do, but then I discovered the "Gift of love appeal" and I've been busy crocheting some cotton dishcloths to send. Nothing like some crafting for a good cause to get me out of the blahs.

the bottle of fruit is Quince from my nana, I was very excited to see it in her hands when she turned up for a visit this afternoon.

3 comments :

  1. I know what you mean, I haven't really done any crafting for months... Hope you feel back to your normal self soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louana I have the blahs too! I had the flu the week of the quake and don't feel like I've come right since. Still so tired all the time. My youngest just started school too so maybe that's it. I'm going to make an effort to sew something on Thursday so maybe that'll help... and I'm redoing my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so know what you mean about the blahs, i hope yours pass soon though! thanks for the link to the gift of love site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.