Friday, September 10, 2010

friday finds

This Friday finds me with an extra pair of little hands in the house. To keep them entertained I drew some crown shapes on card and left them to add the decoration. We kept it simple using felt tip pens and coloured pencils. When finished I added some elastic to the ends. Now I bought that elastic from a fabric emporium for $3 at the time I thought, bargain, I was right. It looks like I've hardly used any but I seem to use it for heaps of things including lots of children's crafts. Luckily there is HEAPS left.

I found this cool little train play mat this week. It wasn't priced and I didn't have much cash on me so I was hoping it wasn't going to be too much. I also had two pieces of fabric, with my fingers crossed I went to the counter, totally convinced I'd have to put most of it back. I breathed a sigh of relief when the total was $2.50. Score. The play mat is the kind with little rings around the edge and a cord so you can pull it up to secure the contents, although looking a bit vintage it has a little tag on it saying it was made in 2009. It's nice to find something for my little guy.
Hope you have a great weekend. I'm still thinking about everyone in Christchurch, hoping all those after shocks will stop.

2 comments :

  1. wow - great find- that train play mat. very sweet! and i love your idea for child-decorated crowns. might have to steal that one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think I'll be stealing that idea too :) What a lovely little mat, so with handy that drawstring to bundle it all up easily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.