Friday, August 6, 2010

passing the test

When I read over at Tiny Happy about this recipe I realised that it was about time that I tried it. A couple of friends had mentioned it to me and I had looked at my local library for the book (and not found it) but had never found the time, or the container to make it in.

Now in order for me to keep using this recipe it needed to pass a few tests, it couldn't just be good for making a loaf it needed to be versatile and luckily it seems to have passed the test! In the few short days since I've started making it, it has taken many forms. Rolled thin and coated with garlic, butter, olive oil and flaky sea salt for garlic pizza bread, used as a pizza base, made some smallish rolls and a couple of loaves. OK all that wasn't made from one batch but a few over a number of days.

So yep the recipe is a winner and so handy to have at hand in the fridge to whip up some bread for a weekend lunch, which is what I plan to do this weekend. I'd love to hear what is on your weekend menu in whatever season you are living in.

Happy weekend to you.

3 comments :

  1. oh, hooray! so glad you like it and are finding the recipe useful to have in the fridge.
    i haven't yet tried it for pizza dough... maybe tomorrow night i will though.
    so far on the weekend menu here... thai massaman curry (my absolute favourite) but not made in my kitchen...
    happy weekend, louana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tasty, must give it a go, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never thought about using it for a pizza base! It does make wonderful batards and baguettes though. I love this recipe too. If you like hearter loaves I alternate between a batch of ciabbata bread and a nice five grain batch. From their second book. I have a link on my blog for the recipe though if you wanted to try it out.

    We are having fresh bread and plenty of homemade soup this weekend. Tonight it was smoked salmon from our farmer's market on hand rolled sushi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.