Monday, May 31, 2010

kusudama crazy



I have often looked at the inside of envelopes that arrive in the mail thinking that the print inside is often too pretty to be hidden away and I only really use them as note paper. I had made some single Kusudama flowers a while back and had a thought that maybe I could make some Kusudama balls with the pretty envelope prints. I formed them around a wooden chopstick and they remind me of a hydrangea. The nights have cooled and I don't feel like sitting at the sewing machine in the evening, so sitting in bed making these flowers seems a warmer option.

5 comments :

  1. What a wonderful idea. They look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these. i've always wondered why the inside of envelopes are so pretty? you have totally given them the attention they deserve here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! my friends and I made a lot of these with plans to use them on the tables at my wedding but they were forgotten on the day. this post has me thinking I might make some more.
    making them out of the insides of envelopes is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such beautiful flowers - what a great use of 'waste' paper! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.