Thursday, October 15, 2009

panic

I got my favourite dress out of the closet a few weeks ago, popped it on and started to panic. It's looking old, I wear it ALOT, over jeans, over tight shorts, over my swimsuit......the list goes on, so really it's no surprise that it's looking "worn". I thought maybe I could copy the pattern without pulling the dress apart, and this is the first attempt. It's not bad, but it's not the same. I think probably with a change of fabric it would hang more like the original. The fabric I bought a while ago now at only $2 a metre it's ideal to test out patterns with, and not too terrible to wear if the pattern happens turns out terrific. So the panic over the dress is easing now and I turn my attention to my favourite shoes that are looking a bit tired.......

4 comments :

  1. I love your profile photo!
    This dress paired with this necklace is so beautiful!
    The colors are so perfect together, I tend to wear things right out too it is always so cozy and lovely to wear your favorites : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am amazed that you could recreate something like this without pulling it apart. Can't wait to see your other versions

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I have just recently bought a top that is very similar from the opp shop and I'm thinking of trying to copy it to make another one. Now I might also make a longer one and turn it into a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super stylish, louana- i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.