Monday, August 31, 2009

a trip to the shore

We took a quick drive to the beach yesterday, the weather was a bit wild but it didn't bother us in the slightest. We walked along, found enough seaweed to fill a bucket and collected a few special rocks. I love the beach summer or winter and I'm always on the look out for seaweed to pop into the compost bin. Last year I made a seaweed "tea" by seeping seaweed in a bucket filled with water and then straining it after about 3 months. The results were excellent, the plants that I applied it too grew very well and lush. The process however has kind of put me off making it again, it smells,um it really stinks and trying to keep an interested toddler away from bucket of rotting seaweed was no fun at all. Adding it to the compost bin seems a much better option for me. So roll on the warmer weather and more trips to the beach.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.