Saturday, July 11, 2009

lavender

Last year I sent a bundle of embroidered linen to Melissa from Tiny Happy. One particularly pretty piece I sent half to her and kept the other half for myself. She turned her half into some of her beautiful trademark baby shoes, mine was turned into another smock for miss E. I used a old maternity top of mine for the main part of the smock and the pretty linen makes a very generous pocket. The pocket hung open a bit too much so I added a snap at the top to keep it together. When I found this piece of linen I nearly didn't buy it, it was filthy and I could only just make out the embroidery I wasn't sure if it would clean up very well. I'm so glad I did though as now it's transformed into two great things and given a new lease on life, if only the original embroiderer knew.

thanks to Melissa for the use of the photo of her beautiful shoes.


1 comment :

  1. i love this post! thank you for the mention. i feel very lucky to have you as a linen-swapping-friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.